So...I had my engine light come on in my Acura, took it to get it checked out, come to find out, I needed a new transmission, and there was a recall for transmissions that year on my car. SO...we debated it and we had planned to get me a bigger vehicle next year anyway, so we figured why put out 4k for a transmission when we could spend that towards a new vehicle sooner than planned. So we have been looking like crazy for months. We have found a few good deals and missed out on them and we have been researching cars like crazy, looking at different recalls and stuff so we didnt run into that this time.
We literally looked at everything in the suv and minivan range because we wanted bigger, we are a growing family, we always have extra kids with us (nephews and so on) and we travel alot. So, anyway we looked at everything and then I had to stop by my sis in laws job to take her her phone, and she walked me over to the used car dealership to check out what they had. Anyway I was shown an 06 dodge durango...I then thought about it, and realized we never looked it up, never even thought about it. Anyway, I test drove it, fell in love. Delvin wouldnt come see it or anything til he researched it and I got my Acura detailed. So I left it and didnt think anything more of it. Well the next day I go get my car detailed just to have it ready. And he calls me on his way home from work and says baby see if your mom can keep Hunter lets go look at that car and if it doesnt work out, we can look at some others I have lined up!!! AWESOME!
So, we looked at it, he test drove it they cut us a really really good deal because Lisa has worked there so long and so on, and we had the trade in.
We are the proud owners of an 06 Dodge Durango Hemi V8, Seating for 8, built in dvd player, memory chairs, lumbar adjustment, heated seats, limited edition...options go on and on. We love it, cant wait to take it on a trip. Anyway, I am so proud, so happy, so blessed that we could work it in. Now its just going to take some getting used to, its so big. Hunter loves it and really likes the dvd player. We got him one for the back of the seat but he kicks it and pulls it down, he cant get to this!!!
Also, My brother and sister in law were effected by our bad storms last week. They had their ac unit catch on fire and all their electricity was cut off for safety and they have to replace their entire ac system had to get trees removed, and wont know what all is fried inside until they can get power back to their house. They were staying with us until insurance finally got them a hotel for a few days, and they brought their fan over and it was fried...so I can only imagine how the appliances will be. Its a blessing in a way because they will get a new ac unit and they could use the new appliances in the kitchen, but its money to put out that most people dont have lying around and it always sucks not being able to be in your house in your space in your routine. They might be coming back to stay with us again on sunday....and thats fine. We like having them around, plus Lisa helps out with cooking and she is a great cook. I love to cook, but sometimes I would rather not!! So keep them in your prayers, also us....we are trying to get a hold of our landlords...our hot water heater is out I guess, its new just replaced,but its hard going to take showers somewhere else everyday. and our microwave is out, also possums have gotten in our attic....so hopefulyl we can get them out here soon to take care of that.
But other than that, life is good...
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lucky woman? Okay. with the new car yes, but all the other stuff that has been happening, oh my. Things have been crazy down there. We hope everything will work itself out. We miss you guys and hope that you take care.
Post a Comment