Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008 is wrapping up...pretty good

Well Jason and Kristen arrived Friday early afternoon. We just hung out at the house and had my brother and his wife, younger brother and cousin anthony and his son mark over for a night of food on the grill! Delvin made lobster, crab legs, shrimp, tuna steak, steaks, potatos, tomatos...and some other good stuff. It was amazing as always. We were all supposed to play Cranium, but somehow the guys weezled out of it and went down to the game room to play poker til 3 am! Kristen, Lisa and I (after I put Hunter to bed) layed around on the couches and watched marathons of dirty jobs and ruby! lol.

Sat we decided we were going to go to the Dallas Aquarium. We drive there, pay $5 to park...stand in this long line, pretty excited because I love fish and Hunter loves them too...and I guess I read the website wrong because it wasn $5 a ticket..it was about $20. We decided against it! ...So then we decided that we would go to the market hall in dallas where an emergency liquidation was going on ...it was supposed to have electronics super cheap...well we go to the place, it has been moved...so we drive all the way back over to the aquarium where the new location was ...pay $8 to park. Get out, get Hunter loaded in the stroller...and this guy comes up to us and says, yall arent goin in there are yall...well yea!...he said dont waste your time. The best thing in there is a sham wow!...And its 8 bucks a person to just get in. So we debated it and decided against that because you can get shamwows on tv for the same price as what tehy were selling it and actually get double the set plus all the cool free stuff advertised with it...if we really wanted that. We were hoping to find digital cameras or something. So anyway, forget that! So...we had paid $13 bucks in parking and STILL havent done anything. We did however show them where Kennedy was killed and some other landmarks. Anyway after all of it, we decided to go to Sam Moon and shop around. The guys got some clothes and some protector for their phones and Kristen got some jewelry and a sign for their house, me a wallet. It was fun. But windy! And kinda frustrating because most places at sam moon, dont allow strollers on saturdays. Hunter is too heavy to carry everywhere, and I will not leave the stroller just sitting out alone!...lol. Anyway, we leave there, head back to ft worth to meet cory and lisa for dinner. Had to kill some time so we decided to show them the new cowboys stadium...and soon after almost got into an accident...because some crazy wanted to ram us and instead threw us off the road. We called him in, but who knows if anything happened from it. I am so thankful nothing did...especially with my baby in the car. I was really nervous afterwards. Props to Delvin for his wonderful driving to keep us safe. But we went to eat and then Cory and Lisa invited us to go skating. SKATING...and the memories of Holiday Skatium on fri nights came back. My friends and I loved going. It was fun. Delvin and I didnt skate...we played some video games. But Kristen and Jason did ...and everyone else of course. Pictures soon! Even Hunter got to Skate in his stroller, my brother and his wife pushed him around some in it! It was so cute, and he really lliked it.

Today Jason and Kristen went back home. Had a good time with them. My dad called and asked if he could pick Hunter up...and so after he came and got him for the day, Delvin and I went to the movies which is our favorite thing to do together, that of course is rare now! We saw Marley and Me. What a great movie! Delvin and myself were crying and laughing...and crying alot! And I looked aroudn and noticed everyone was. It reminded us of our little life with Earl. Especially when we first saw him and fell in love...and the puppy time where they tear up everything! .... Its alot of ups and downs in your relationship...because your so frustrated when things are tore out and its a big test of patience. And Earl gets yelled at sometimes for just doing dumb stuff like getting sick in the house or taking food. But he really is the best dog. He loves us so much. Loves huNTER...Loves people. He is so sweet and fun. I am excited to have the kids grow up with him. He is our family. I dont care what anyone says about how I treat him like my own kid. He is...I treat him kind and love him. When I have had sad moments...Earl is always there to just lay with me and offer his ear and kisses.

Anyhow...my baby is 11 months old now. Christmas night he decided to suprise us and walk. I have worked so hard with him and he finally did it! But of course we got all excited and scared him...as I am running for the video!...But he did it again today. He just keeps getting bigger everyday! My handsome boy! Now its time to think about his first birthdaY! Cant believe it! ...well off to bed! Morning comes early here!

No comments: