Thursday, December 11, 2008

Its been a while....







Hunter enjoying some yummy
Thanksgiving dinner






So, I havent posted as much as I said I would when I decided to start this blog. But I truly have been pretty busy. We had Thanksgiving, which went really well at my brothers. Lots of Yummy food! And after that it seems like I have had one thing after another. I have my christmas shopping done. I try to have that done by at least the first week of December. But I watch a child that is 4 months older than Hunter. So they keep me pretty busy. He is a great kid, just as Hunter is. But I do believe that the terrible 2's have started for both of them. Especially Hunter. They are into EVERYTHING. But with the great invention of baby gates, I can keep them off the stairs, from going out of the living room and away from the christmas tree and presents! Hunter plays so good with his toys. He has some big little tikes trucks that I have bought him and he has a blast pushing them back and forth across the floor. From one end of the room to the next. He has now started pushing his activity tables everywhere too. He is so strong! LOL. We are thinking that he will be walking by Christmas, but we could be wrong. We thought he would be walking right now with as well as he does holding onto stuff and pushing his toys and holding my hand. But we are working with him. He will get it. He is about 50% off the bottle. I want him to be 100% off by the time that he is a year. He does fine, he doesnt seem to really care. I found a really great sippy cup at Target a few weeks ago. Its one with a straw. I know everyone has seen them before...but these are different. Its a lighter weight cup, easier to hold, no spill straw that doesnt move...He loves to drink from a straw. So this cup is great. I found that the other ones that are out like Gerbers and Playtex are heavier. And this one was cheaper, so I can get 2 for the price of 1 of the others! Another thing we are working on is him sitting at the table and eating like a big boy. I have bought 2 little tikes picnic tables (why 2) well if you know me there is ALWAYS kids here! Plus I got both for just $10 cant beat that! Anyway...so i sit him there and put his food on there (because Mr Independent does NOT want to be fed!) Sit his sippy cup up there and sit hiim down and he will sit there and eat until he is done and then get off. He is doing so well. He is quite the little dancer too...he watches playhouse disney in the am and he is always dancing along and he has rhythem! He loves the Doodlebops (I have a guilty pleasure for them too") But my nephew Kyle came over and told me that they are NOT real rockstars. LOL. He is hilarious. Which by the way...my nephews were telling my sister that there werent enough presents or something under the tree and my sister went on to tell them that they should be thankful for what is, because there is many kids that dont have anything. And that presents arent the reason for the season...told them about Jesus and the gifts and said that Jesus makes Santa special to bring gifts to all the boys and girls that are good. But that some kids didnt get gifts. And Kyle said well I would like to give them one of Brents gifts. My sister told him you dont give away other peoples stuff. So Kyle said well I will give them something when I am older. LOL. He is such a ham. I always go down to the mall and get an angel off the tree and buy for the kid. Which I havent done yet...need to get to the mall...but all of us are sick right now! But I am going to go through Hunters toys and see what I can take down to the salvation army. He has alot of toys. Too many and he is getting more for Christmas...It just breaks my heart to drive past the salvation army and see children and babies with their moms just sitting against the building waiting for it to let them back in. Anyway I better cut this hear. I just heard that my cousin Jason and his wife Kristen are coming in for CHristmas. That is awesome news. I always miss them!

No comments: