Thursday, December 11, 2008

Family Pictures





































I love our photographer. She is such a sweet person. She is really good with Hunter. And she offers mini sessions for just $25 (going up next year but thats ok!) So we have done all that she has offered, except for the fire fighter sessions because we were out of town. But I LOVE pictures and of course especially of my cutie pie Hunter. I am not into taking pics anymore of myself. Dont really like to be in pictures. But I do believe its important. When MeMaw passed, I remember us all going through her trunk of pictures and she always had family pictures done and kept updated pics of her and grandad...and it was just nice to go through all the years and see how memaw and granddad looked when they were young and how my mom and aunts and uncles looked and even us grandkids. And I just realized how important it is to keep up with that. Because I love looking at pictures and I remember going through pics with memaw all the time and she always loved getting pics of her grandkids....and we all bonded so well that night going through her pics trying to find the perfect ones for her video. I want to create and share the same memories with my kids. Ok...I better shut up...Im crying now. I cant believe that its been almost a year since MeMaw passed. Its been especially hard for the holidays because we always had her. Last year she was in the hospital for both Thanksgiving and Christmas so we took dinner to her. And spent some time and it really just broke her heart. She loved the family get togethers. Thats when everyone could pretty much suck it up and be together for her. And as I get done with Christmas, I gotta start planning Hunters first birthday...and it makes me think about when I told Memaw I was pregnant with Hunter and she said oh baby your going to be a great mom. I dont worry about you because you got your stuff together and you have a great man. And she always would touch my belly and say oh he kicked me. I am so thankful that Hunter got to meet her. I know he wont remember it, but it truly meant the world to me. I went to see her at the hospital at least 6 days a week when she was in the hospital and she would say Honey I hope you dont feel like you have to come by I know you have a life. Id tell her, Memaw, I want to be here. Nowhere else is more important. Us grandkids were so lucky to have such an awesome beautiful inside and out memaw! Ok...enough tears for everyone!

No comments: